Application Developer II
Posted 5 years ago
The Application Developer II:
- Utilizes automation tools like automation tools like Puppet, Chef or other similar tools.
- Manages web server environments running apache, MySQL, PHP, and under lying technologies like NFS, Open LDAP and batch processes.
- Lead effort in retrofitting code changes and enhancements. This includes writing new code and re-writing old code to ensure that the application of the fixes and patches will function seamlessly in the newly upgrade/patched environment.
- Utilize web-based programming version control repositories for code management.
- Provide Programming support for the web interfaces, enterprise applications and cloud automation. Experience with coding with APIs, for example, to AWS, AdobeConnect, etc.
- Creates automation and monitoring scripts to reduce manual workload and to improve reliability of the systems. Develops and customizes reports, interfaces and new processes.
- Assists with creating custom programming code using PHP, Java, Java Script, SOAP and Python for Enterprise Systems applications. And Familiar with Lambda or other Development in AWS.
- Assists with DB administration of, but not limited to Oracle & MySQL. Interacts with Database Administrators, Network and other technical groups.
- Assists with managing and support of Enterprise Applications and infrastructure for on premises and cloud environments.
- Responsible for tools in order to automate the monitoring of these systems by operations and other personal. Ensures that proper backups are being performed, so that all previously mentioned systems can be recovered.
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring DoIT rules and policies and for recommending new and improved procedures to effectively manage the assigned area of responsibility. Assists in development of administrative procedures for systems assigned. Frequent contact with users, vendors and other universities and agencies for the purpose of sharing information. Responds to client departmental requests using written, oral and face-to-face interaction.
- Works with other Systems Administrators to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place for the purpose of having cross trained and/or backup administrators and maintains skills by reading technical manuals and attending training education courses when possible. Coordinates the implementation of changes to, and maintenance of, previously mentioned servers, programs/applications residing on said servers and maintenance of subsystems in support of the hardware and software architectures.
- Ensures that system and data security requirements are met by adhering to security guidelines and procedures, which include, but not limited to item such as: monitoring system logs, installing applicable patches in a timely manner, performing periodic vulnerability scans, subscribing and monitoring vulnerabilities published on security lists such as Bugtraqs and CERT, closing all ports that are not needed for the system and/or associated application to function and use available tools such as ports entry, firewall products, port-scanners to guard against system compromises that each system is documented, which includes, but is not limited to: startup/shutdown procedures, backup/recovery procedures, operating installation and configuration procedures, application installation and documentation common problems and resolutions.
Performs other duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to this position.
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies or other technical discipline and three (3) years related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Departmantal Preference: Strong experience in Java and Java Script, Java Spring programming. Experience in PHP programming.
$60,000 Commensurate with Experience
Begin time: 8:30 AM
End time: 5:00 PM
Criminal Background Check
Ability to be on-call nights and weekends.